Katherine Baich Endowed Scholarship
The Endowment was established to provide assistance paying for housing for children and grandchildren of veterans with service-connected disabilities during their undergraduate studies at either a community college, college, or university. The founder of the Endowment wanted to recognize the sacrifices made by veterans with service-connected disabilities and their families on behalf of our nation.
- The amount of the Scholarship will be $2,500.00.
- A recipient may only be awarded the scholarship once.
- The Scholarship can be awarded in any year of undergraduate study.
- All applications must be received by April 30, 2024.
- The Scholarship will be announced on June 28, 2024.
Qualifications for the Scholarship
- The recipient must be a resident of North Carolina.
- The recipient must be under 25 years of age, and be the child or grandchild of a veteran with a service-connected disability.
Application Materials Required
- A completed application.
- A copy of a high school diploma and transcript, or GED certificate.
- A copy of the veteran’s DD 214.
- A copy of the veteran’s letter of disability from the Veterans Administration.
- A copy of the applicant’s birth certificate.
- A statement of financial need, which lists all grants and scholarships that the applicant has received, and a description of why you need assistance from the Endowment.
Apply for the Katherine Baich Endowed Scholarship HERE.
If you’d like to make a donation to help Katie achieve her goal of helping the children and grandchildren of Veterans, use the form below.
Support the Katherine Baich Endowed Scholarship