Are you passionate about positively impacting the lives of our Veterans?
Do you have a knack for organizing and motivating people to accomplish a common goal?
About the Organization:
At Purple Heart Homes, we are Veterans. We are also the sons, daughters, brothers, sisters, spouses, and those who are proud to have a connection to our nation’s military. Join our family and help us provide much-needed assistance to Veterans of all eras.
Purple Heart Homes is looking for a Donor Relations Specialist in Statesville, NC (on-site).
Donor Relations Specialist is a detail-oriented, experienced donor relations specialist who can work with little supervision and think outside the box. Candidates must be professional, have strong organizational skills, be able to communicate effectively with Veterans, Donors, employees and third-party contributors.
This person must be able to work with others as well as independently and able to adapt to the fast-changing environment. This person will be responsible for building and cultivating donor relationships, tracking donations and attending donor events.
The Donor Relations Specialist specifically focuses on cultivating, soliciting and stewarding institutional funders and prospective individual donors while supporting the CEO, Director of Stewardship and Board of Directors to further relationships with major gift donors capable of larger annual gifts.
The ideal candidate will be results-oriented with a passion for motivating and leading others. In addition to strong leadership and decision-making skills, the ideal candidate will possess the ability to:
- Identify alternative solutions to a problem and implement a solution
- Motivate others to work toward a common goal
- Get stuff done!
- Analyze and evaluate resources to efficiently solve problems
- Be dependable and accountable
- Treat others fairly and see others’ points of view
The ideal candidate will be reliable and understand what is necessary to accomplish the work. A proven record of delivering on complex projects and a passion for helping others are needed.
- Assist in developing and implementing annual fundraising plan/calendar that utilizes all modes of solicitation: mailings, text campaigns, social media, events, face-to-face, email, monthly donors and phone
- Build relationships with current donors to increase the size and/or frequency of their giving
- Prospecting for new donors
- Development and implementation of annual process for soliciting lapsed donors
- Collecting electronic donations and payments from various sources, including PayPal, Stripe, and EFT
- Handwriting thank-you notes to all donors
- Email acknowledgements for donations in memory or in honor of an individual
- Manage sustained giving program
- Draft Donor Spotlight article for newsletter
- Convert donor webforms to Salesforce contact record
- Follow-up with donors for audit request information
- Create graphics for donor campaigns
- Adherence to all requirements of the Employee Handbook regarding workplace safety, behavior, and expectations of an individual
- Other duties as assigned
- Must have at least 3 years experience in a donor relations role
- Must have a working knowledge of Salesforce and Donor Search or equivalent platform
- A proven history of successful fundraising
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Dependable and reliable
- Must have great attention to detail
- Ability to read, write, and be comfortable with technology
- Good organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to travel
Purple Heart Homes is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.