Are you passionate about positively impacting the lives of our Veterans?
Do you have a knack for organizing and motivating people to accomplish a common goal?
About the Organization:
At Purple Heart Homes, we are Veterans. We are also the sons, daughters, brothers, sisters, spouses, and those who are proud to have a connection to our nation’s military. Join our family and help us provide much-needed assistance to Veterans of all eras.
Purple Heart Homes is looking for a Public Relations Specialist – Chapters in Statesville, NC (on-site).
The Chapter PR Manager for Purple Heart Homes will report to the Marketing Director and will be responsible for developing and executing public relations strategies for local chapters across the United States. They will be responsible for building relationships with local media outlets, developing and distributing press releases, and connecting with local organizations in the chapter’s community. In addition, they will work closely with local chapter leaders to promote the organization’s initiatives and campaigns, which support service-connected disabled and aging Veterans.
The ideal candidate will be results-oriented with a passion for motivating and leading others. In addition to strong leadership and decision-making skills, the ideal candidate will possess the ability to:
- Identify alternative solutions to a problem and implement a solution
- Motivate others to work toward a common goal
- Get stuff done!
- Analyze and evaluate resources to efficiently solve problems
- Be dependable and accountable
- Treat others fairly and see others’ points of view
The ideal candidate will be reliable and understand what is necessary to accomplish the work. A proven record of delivering on complex projects and a passion for helping others are needed.
- Develop and execute public relations strategies for Purple Heart Homes local chapters across the United States
- Build relationships with local media outlets and pitch stories to journalists
- Develop and distribute press releases and other written materials, including success stories of the organization’s work with Veterans and chapter initiatives
- Work with local chapter leaders to promote the organization’s initiatives and campaigns, which support service-connected disabled and aging Veterans
- Develop and maintain a database of media contacts and track media coverage.
- Provide training and support to local chapter leaders on public relations and media relations best practices
- Connect with local service organizations – Rotary, Chamber of Commerce, etc.
- Monitor and analyze media coverage of the organization and its local chapters
- Assist in the planning and execution of fundraising events and campaigns
- Work alongside the Purple Heart Homes Digital Marketing Specialist to promote chapters across all social media platforms
- Ability to travel to established and developing chapter locations
- Adherence to all requirements of the Employee Handbook regarding workplace safety, behavior, and expectations of an individual
- Other duties as assigned
- Associate’s degree in Public Relations, Communications, Journalism, Marketing, or a related field
- 2 years of experience in public relations or related fields, with a focus on non-profit organizations or veteran-related causes
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with experience in crafting compelling stories that drive results
- Experience with media relations, including pitching stories and building relationships with journalists
- Experience with social media management and content creation
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to work collaboratively with local chapter leaders and other stakeholders
- Knowledge of Veteran-related issues and the local political and social landscape in the United States
- Must be able to travel frequently
Purple Heart Homes is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.