Are you passionate about positively impacting the lives of our Veterans?
Do you have a knack for organizing and motivating people to accomplish a common goal?
About the Organization:
At Purple Heart Homes, we are Veterans. We are also the sons, daughters, brothers, sisters, spouses, and those who are proud to have a connection to our nation’s military. Join our family and help us provide much-needed assistance to Veterans of all eras.
Purple Heart Homes is looking for a Construction Assistant in Statesville, NC (on-site).
The Construction Assistant will assist in all elements of housing projects. Serves as needed in construction activities to plan, gather materials, or build ramps, decks, or construction projects. Assists in the warehouse duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will be results-oriented with a passion for motivating and serving others. In addition to strong leadership and decision-making skills, the ideal candidate will possess the ability to:
- Identify alternative solutions to a problem and implement a solution
- Motivate others to work toward a common goal
- Get stuff done!
- Analyze and evaluate resources to efficiently solve problems
- Be dependable and accountable
- Treat others fairly and see others’ points of view
The ideal candidate will be reliable and understand what is necessary to accomplish the work. A proven record of delivering on construction projects and a passion for helping others are needed.
- Perform general construction labor including keeping a safe, clean work area
- Measure, plan, and build tiny homes, ramps, decks, or construction components
- Assist in maintaining warehouse maintenance and repairs as needed
- Adherence to all requirements of the Employee Handbook regarding workplace safety, behavior, and expectations of an individual
- All other duties assigned by higher management
Qualifications:Must be able to work in high places and climb a ladder
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Dependable and reliable
- Must have a North Carolina driver’s license
- Dependable and reliable
- Must have ability to safely lift 40 pounds
- Working knowledge and experience in the safe use of hand tools, power tools, and materials
- Competence in basic mathematics and measurement
- Ability to work in extreme hot or cold
- Ability to adhere to safety policies and procedures
- High School education
- Experience in housing building or remodeling
- Able to resolve issues and recommend operational improvement
- Working familiarity with computerized project detail reporting
- Ability to track construction progress
- Ability to record basic computer entries (i.e. Salesforce)
Purple Heart Homes is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.